Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Come back here, so that I may brain thee

Love at the Docks: On Wednesday night my sis discovered that The Darkness had announced to their mailing list their next UK tour, and were offering pre-sale tickets right then. What wasn't included in the announcement was something which had been leaked earlier - The Wildhearts and Ash would support on this tour.

So after trying to get somewhere with a frankly pathetic website, cclinks.co.uk, I switched from MSIE to Opera (something I would never expect to make a site work better!), we finally got 2 tickets. I'm fair chuffed to say the least.

I may shock some people with the following: I can take or leave The Darkness most of the time. I only know 11 songs by them, and overplay can make them quite grating. But they do have good tunes, and they are extremely good live.

But the real prize is The Wildhearts. This will be the 8th time I will see them live (not including seeing Silver Ginger 5, the lead singer's offshoot, and Ginger himself play an acoustic show at last year's Fringe), and I just can't tire of the experience. Last time I caught a plectrum thrown, quite some distance, by CJ, so I was a happy bunny! (Though "caught" is stretching it a bit - it hit my shoulder and landed beside me. I had to wait for people to move around before I could clock it on the ground.)

Birthday Girls: Apologies must go to Julie and her friends for quitting early on Saturday night. I went to Julie's/Julie's sister Lynsey's/her friend Jenni's birthday bash at Kublai Khan's, then went on to Spy Bar. I had agreed with everyone that Spy was a decent place to go for drinks before the Shack (which I had also agreed to go to), forgetting that they play music. Loud.

Call me an old fart if you like, but I can struggle to follow a one-on-one conversation in a bar at the best of times, but when it's many-on-many with such loud music, I have no chance.

I just lost most of this post (eedjit that I am, I closed Opera when I went to the Velvet Revolver site - there's women with no clothes on in there! Anyway, I'm at uni, and didn't want to lost access in my last 3 weeks).

I said stuff about going to VR tonight, my eyes failing on Saturday night, and probably other stuff too. My paper being accepted for a journal - it'll be published in December, with a conference at the same time in Miami.

I'm a fool. I hate retyping stuff. Damn yous. Damn yous all to hell.

Remember kids: Say no to drugs, stay in school, and backup your data!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm... That wasn't even the one I was talking about!

KG

11:34 pm  
Blogger Steven Morrison said...

Well then make yourself more clear, boy!

11:18 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home