Sunday, March 20, 2005

Order Of The Day

I've had the same small bedroom in Aberdeenshire all my life, and have been happy to stay there, even after my sister moved out, freeing the largest bedroom (we shared this as kids so we were given the most space). This is partly because we have a back room in the house that acts as a second living room (or, more accurately, my living room) with a TV and the computers, so I've always had enough space there.

A few weeks ago I decided that moving rooms might actually be a good idea. This idea was partly spurred by the thought of storing all my CDs in my sister's big bookcase, which I thought would handle my large collection easily. Today, while recovering from the previous night's drinking, I decided to clear and clean the bookcase, and transfer all my CDs to it. This didn't take too long, though I ended up running out of space and having to use two extra Swedish-CD-storage-solution-type-hingmies as well - one lying horizontal on top of the bookcase, the other vertical beside the bookcase and on top of a desk (I do have a photo of this on my phone, but it's poor quality and I've no energy for getting a shot with my dad's camera, so apologies for the wordy explanation).

All looks well, but it's not quite looking as good as it could. Something's wrong and I know exactly what it is: my CDs had originally been stored in 2 towers (for the "In Current Use" stuff) and a small cupboard (for the rest), and the towers had been alphabetically ordered. This makes it easy to for me to find a CD, but difficult to add a new purchase. Anyway, I like my CDs this way, and I've nothing else to spend my afternoon on, so I sorted the whole lot.

Over 600 CDs, in order, spanning 7 rows and half a column of storage. My Mansun to Muse collection (inc Massive Attack, Metallica, etc) takes a single row on its own. It all looks good. I even left a bit of space on each row for future purchases.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephen Strowes said...

Hmm, your ~600 CDs dwarfs my ~140 CDs.

I shall now sit quietly in the corner.

12:57 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home